• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Premier Marocain au Congress?

The First Moroccan American For Congress
    The story of John Fritchey

A week ago, I had no idea who John Fritchey was. I have been living in the United States for over 20 years and until now I had never heard of Illinois’ Assistant Attorney General and State Representative John Fritchey.

Maybe it was the fact that I lived in Miami, Florida and I didn’t follow state politics. Or maybe there was no need for me to know who John was. After all, there are many American politicians like Mr. Fritchey that I don’t need to know or will never get to know in my life. But, this politician in particular, John Fritchey, has a story that caught my attention and sent me straight to Google looking for more information.

Born on March 2, 1964 at Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier City, Louisiana. Son of a Vietnam veteran father and a Moroccan immigrant mother from Oujda, John Fritchey is a true example of the American dream.

After changing homes for few years moving from one air force base to another, John and his parents returned to southern Illinois where his father grew up. When John turn 2 years old, his parents got divorced and he and his mom moved to Chicago. A very difficult period in John’s life that will shape his personality forever.

His single mother who hardly spoke English decided to stay in the United States despite the challenges she faced as a Moroccan immigrant. Making a decision between going back to Morocco to be with her family and giving her son a better future was the result of who John is today.

While struggling to make ends meet, John’s mother was a big believer in good education. She enrolled her son in The Latin School, under a financial hardship scholarship. John graduated from the Latin School and moved to the University of Michigan where he got an economics degree. Keeping with his education and mother’s push to be the best, John went to Northwestern University Law School in Chicago where he received his law degree.

After he graduating from the law school, John worked as Illinois’ Assistant Attorney General, representing the State. John’s strong desire for service continued to drive him to do more. He run for State Representative and was first elected to the Illinois General Assembly at the age of 32.

While the whole world stood still to watch history in the making, the election of Barak Obama, another chapter was about to be written. John Fritchey, also a son of an African immigrant, decided that it was time to expand his role in the government. John announced that he is running for the former U.S. Rep. Rahm Emanuel in the 5th Congressional District.

As a Moroccan American, I got to know John through his campaign’s web site, www.fritchey.com. I learned about his vision, what he stands for on healthcare, immigration, foreign affairs and the economy. More over, I learned that he supports Morocco’s plan for the Sahara.

Excited about the idea that an American, son of a Moroccan immigrant, was running for Congress, I sent John an email to tell him how proud I was of his accomplishments. John Fritchey wrote, “As a Moroccan-American I am proud of my heritage and I look forward to representing our community, and all communities, with distinction in the U.S. Congress."

I am looking forward to the day when the first Moroccan American would be elected to Congress. More than ever, we should unite and support a person that embodies the American dream, Congressman candidate John Fritchey.

http://www.moroccanamericansforfritchey.com

Driss R. Temsamani
    February 19th, 2009

allez les Moroccan "yes we can"
    Dernière modification par oudjda1933, 21 février 2009, 13h37.

Commentaire

Premier Marocain au Congress?
      *Et puis aprés .?
      -prochainement In Cha 'Allah un autre sur Mars !
      A qui sait comprendre , peu de mots suffisent

Commentaire

On vous enverra une carte postale houari16

Commentaire

Intéressant l'article,

Il pourrait avoir même avoir la nationalité marocaine avec le nouveau code de la nationalité.
          Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself

Commentaire

Laayoune

je la reçoit de Mars avec une trés grande joie ..

c est une premierre et inédite !!!
            A qui sait comprendre , peu de mots suffisent

Commentaire

prochainement In Cha 'Allah un autre sur Mars !
              salut houari , tu deja reveillé???
              non on va jamais quitter la terre parceque dans le futur proche le maroc et l'algerie seront les seule grande puissance sur la planete terre
              parceque tout les autres pays seront dememnager vers d'autre planetes reste que ces 2 pays toujours avec leur problemmes de la RASD et la frontiere.
              pour leur 5000eme rounds de negociation le maroc a l'appuie de quelque planetes RASD est reconnue par une centaine de satellites

Commentaire

Chargement...
              X