Annonce

Réduire
Aucune annonce.

L'Europe découvre les chiffres arabes en Algérie !

Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• L'Europe découvre les chiffres arabes en Algérie !

Fibonacci was born in 1170 to Guilielmo, a member of the Bonacci family. Guilielmo held a position as a secretary of the Republic of Pisa , in the Province of Tuscany, which at the time was part of the Holy Roman Empire, and today is in northern Italy [1, xv].

In approximately 1192 Guilielmo was posted to a trading center in the city of Bugia (now known as Bougie [1, p. 604] or as Bijaya by the Arabs [4]), which is in northeastern Algeria, and lies fairly close to Italy, across the Mediterranean Sea. Guilielmo brought Fibonacci to Bugia when he accepted this position. In Bugia Fibonacci learned a great many things - notably, from the point of view of the history of mathematics, the Indian numerals. Fibonacci wrote of his stay in Bugia in the Liber abbaci [2] as follows When my father, who had been appointed by his country as public notary in the customs at Bugia acting for the Pisan merchants going there, was in charge, he summoned me to him while I was still a child, and having an eye to usefulness and future convenience, desired me to stay there and receive instruction in the school of accounting. There, when I had been introduced to the art of the Indians\' nine symbols through remarkable teaching, knowledge of the art very soon pleased me above all else and I came to understand it, for whatever was studied by the art in Egypt, Syria, Greece, Sicily and Provence, in all its various forms. In his travels Fibonacci learned a great deal of mathematics, including the Indian numerals, and also a great many of the Greek classics which had been lost to the west, but whose Latin translations had been preserved in the east through the long endurance of the Roman empire in Constantinople [1, p607].

Fibonacci ended his travels in approximately 1200 and settled down in Pisa, where for the next twenty five years he composed a number of texts in which he did important work in number theory and the solution of algebraic equations among other important things. He also came upon the series of numbers known today as the Fibonacci numbers. Fibonacci gained recognition in the court of Emperor Frederick II. Fibonacci is believed to have died around 1250, but in any case some time after 1240; there are no records of him after this date [3].

Bahdja

In Bugia Fibonacci learned a great many things - notably, from the point of view of the history of mathematics, the Indian numerals.
    A Béjaïa, l'esplanade en bord de mer à proximité du port pétrolier a été baptisée "Esplanade Fibonacci". Un bel hommage.

_
    "Je suis un homme et rien de ce qui est humain, je crois, ne m'est étranger", Terence

Commentaire

Bientot, en parlant de ces chiffres on ne dira plus en algérie mais en kabylie

Commentaire

Chargement...
      X