X
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Warda Al Jazairia - Fi Youm Wa Lila

avec des cordes vocales dignes des plus grands tenors...
    Warda with love:

Many thanks Alex ... This is a great choice !

Commentaire

good evening

no bother buddy...
      this song in particular is taking me back to my teeage years...and many happy memories...
      Do enjoy Pal.

Commentaire

this song in particular is taking me back to my teeage years...and many happy memories...
        sorry "teenage" I meant to say...

special dedicace:

Commentaire

Yep ! Elles sont particulièrement fines et belles les deux vidéos ... c'est peut-être toi qui les a mis en ligne !

Commentaire

not guilty your Highness

Commentaire

This is what I can read under the video ... did you saw it ?

Warda was born in Puteaux, France to a Lebanese Mother and Algerian father. She started singing at the age of eleven in 1951. She quickly became well known for her singing of patriotic Algerian songs. When she married in 1962, however, her husband forbade her to sing. In 1972, Algerian president Houari Boumédienne asked her to sing to commemorate Algeria's independence, and she performed with an Egyptian orchestra. As a result her marriage broke up, and she dedicated her life to music.

Commentaire

Hi

I am aware of her background since we belong more or less to the same region (she performed in recent years in Biskra)...
                rumours have it (and I believe these rumours are true) that the invitation was just the floating tip of the iceberg as her marriage was already in stutter...due mainly to the over-whelming and "military" (literally and figuratively) treatment she was recieving from her hubby...
                but yes...she, by her own admission...relates her success and the re-launch of her career to the late Houary Boumediene...

Commentaire

Chargement...
                X