Réduire
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Gigi MacKenzie - The Shadow of Your Smile

"The Shadow of Your Smile", also known as "Love Theme from The Sandpiper", is a popular song. The music was written by Johnny Mandel, the lyrics by Paul Francis Webster. The song was introduced in the 1965 movie The Sandpiper and became a minor hit for Tony Bennett. It won the Grammy Award for Song of the Year and the Academy Award for Best Original Song.
    Well-known versions of the song were recorded by Barbra Streisand (on her 1965 album My Name Is Barbra, Two...), Shirley Bassey, Al Martino, Perry Como and Frank Sinatra. It is also the album title from Astrud Gilberto. Connie Francis recorded the song in English, Spanish (La sombra de tu sonrisa), and in Italian (Castelli di sabbia). Lill Lindfors recorded it in Swedish as Din skugga stanna kvar. Marvin Gaye recorded several versions of the song. One can be found on Romantically Yours, another on Vulnerable, and a live version on Marvin Gaye: Live at the Copa. In 2006 The Central Band of the Royal British Legion recorded an album with "The Shadow Of Your Smile" as the lead title track.
    The Bobby Darin LP Bobby Darin Sings The Shadow of Your Smile was notable in that the album's first side contained all of the songs nominated for the 1965 Academy Award for Best Original Song.
    Tony Bennett re-recorded this song for his album Duets: An American Classic with Spanish-rock singner Juanes is a "spanglish" version. This marked the first time that Juanes sang in English and Tony Bennett in Spanish.
    Carly Smithson performed "The Shadow of Your Smile" on Season 7 of American Idol during the top 24 performances. It was released for download from the iTunes store on February 21, 2008.

The shadow of your smile
    When you have gone
    Will color
    all my dreams
    And light the dawn

Look into my
    eyes, my love, and see
    All the lovely things, you are, to
    me

Our wistful little star
    It was far, too
    high